Most cleaning products are a cocktail of harsh chemicals. And you need so many products to clean different parts of your home. Or you could use one, natural product for everything!
Do You Know What’s In Your Cleaning Products?
Many kitchen and bathroom cleaners are incredibly abrasive and often have warnings on the pack about how they should be handled. You are putting these into your home and they subsequently breathing them in or absorbing into your skin. These chemicals then end up in our environment via our waterways! Frequently using antibacterial cleaners (soaps etc.) can actually promote super-bacteria. As the cleaners usually don’t kill all the bacteria so the ones that remain are stronger and multiply. The products I use to clean my home isn’t something I can say I’ve given a lot of thought in the past but here I am, giving it a good think.
White vinegar has been used for cleaning for a long time – very
You don’t need to do this, but this is to make it smell less like vinegar!
Ingredients: – recipe from here.
- White vinegar (not distilled malt vinegar)
- Orange/lemon/lime/grapefruit peels
- A jar
- Essential oils (optional)
- Fill a jar with orange (or other citrus peels).
- Then fill with white vinegar.
- Leave to stew for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks you can strain the orange vinegar – this can then be used as fabric softener or for cleaning all kinds of things.
For different messes, use different strengths of cleaner.
- For stubborn messes – use at full strength!
- Dilute, at least, by ratio of 1:8 water for everything else.
- Add a tablespoon to your washing machine for a natural fabric softener!
If you have any other uses for white vinegar to add, leave it in the comments!